- Every Saturday, 9:00 a.m.; come learn parshat hashavua (the weekly torah portion) over bagels or matzah! and coffee in the library with Rabbi Shapiro before 9:45 a.m. services.
- Saturday, May 23rd Tikkun Leil Shavuot Come join us for an all-night study session in honor of Shavuot at Rabbi Rona Shapiro’s house
7:30 pm – Seudah Shelesheet – The Third Meal of Shabbat – A Dairy Dinner and Singing.
9:00 pm – Ma’ariv – Havdala & Evening Services
9:15 – 10:15 pm – Study Session: What Actually Happened at Sinai? How do We Understand it for Ourselves? Led by Rabbi Rona Shapiro.
Looking at Avivah Zornberg and the Sefat Emet we will try to understand what happened at Sinai and how that experience remains alive for us today.
10:15 – 11:15 pm – Demystifying Nusach: A Practical and Theoretical Investigaion of the Musical modes and Motifs of the Liturgical Year. Led by Malachi Kanfer.
11:15 – 11:30 pm – Dessert
11:30 – 12:30 pm – “That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow.”
Is this truly the essence of the Torah? Led by Rabbi Josh Ratner.
- Sunday, May 24th Shavuot Day 1
- 9:30 am – Morning service followed by kiddush luncheon.
- 12:30 pm – Shavuot Family Ice Cream Party at the Dembsky’s home.
- 6:00 pm – Evening Service.
- Monday, May 25th Shavuot Day 2
- 7:45 am – Early Minyan with Yizkor Memorial Prayers
- 9:30 pm – Morning service with Yizkor Memorial Prayers followed by kiddush.
- Tuesday, June 2nd CBJ Annual Meeting. Come join us for the election of officers and directors, the presidential citations, and the presentation of the Herbert H. Epstein Award and the Shem Tov Award. Dessert reception following meeting.
- Friday, June 5th Shabbat Dinner & Bima Band at 7:30 pm. All are welcome to Shabbat Schmooze and Services but you must pre-register for dinner. Your payment is your reservation.
- Friday, June 12th Pot Luck Shabbat Dinner. More in TBA
- Saturday, June 13th – Kollel Tot Shabbat and Shabbat Chaverim. Kollel is for children in grades 3 – 6, Shabbat Chaverim is for children in grades K – 2. Children learn how to lead and participate in services in an age-appropriate and engaging setting.
- Every Tuesday & Wednesday Mah Jong & Canasta. Anyone can come in and play. We will be offering coffee “and” but feel free to bring a dairy lunch. We have limited amount of tables, call the office to make reservations. Last minute reservations can usually be accommodated.
- As a reminder, daily minyan is at 7:45 a.m. & 6:00 p.m. and Sunday morning minyan is at 9:30 a.m. Friday night services are at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday at 9:45 a.m.