Santa, Mrs. Claus & Car Seat Clinic
The Woodbridge Volunteer Fire Association will be hosting Santa and Mrs. Claus at the firehouse on from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm on Saturday, December 21, 2019. The event is free and everyone is welcome. No reservations are required to see Santa. Bring your camera to capture the moment! You can even send a letter to Santa at email@example.com.
Car Seat Clinic
During Santa’s visit, we will be holding a car seat clinic. Car seats will be done by appointment. Contact Tina at (203) 389-3441 x100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule yours.
The WVFA is also collecting toys for the Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital Toy Closet. New, unwrapped toys can be dropped off M-F, 8-4 in the lobby at the Woodbridge Fire Department at 100 Center Road. Toys and gifts for all ages (newborn through adolescent) are needed, but used and plush toys cannot be accepted due to infection control policies. Toys will be collected through December 20th
Winter Holiday Safety
- Be careful with holiday decorations. Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that burns. Blow out lit candles when you leave the room or go to bed.
- Turn off all light strings and decorations before leaving home or going to bed.
- If you put up a Christmas tree, be sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights. Unless it’s artificial, be sure to water your tree daily.
- Heat your home safely. Keep anything that can burn 3 feet away from a fireplace, wood stove or space heater.
The Woodbridge Volunteer Fire Association will be doing its annual fundraising mailing to residents in the next few weeks.