The Ladies Philoptochos Society of Saint Barbara Greek Orthodox Church announced today details regarding the 5th annual HOLIDAY FANTASY OF TREES, to be held November 18 & 19. This 2-day celebration features Holiday treats, music, entertainment, mouthwatering Greek cuisine and a Raffle of beautifully decorated trees, wreaths, urns, and gifts. Get a jump on your shopping at our Holiday Marketplace. Held at the Social Hall of Saint Barbara Greek Orthodox Church, HOLIDAY FANTASY OF TREES offers something for the entire family. This year in support of Connecticut Food Bank, we are asking attendees to bring a non-perishable food item to help feed our hungry neighbors in Connecticut.
A HOLIDAY FANTASY OF TREES includes:
- Holiday Raffle – beautifully decorated trees, urns, wreaths, gifts and services sponsored/donated by area businesses (Drawing Sunday, November 19 – 4:30 pm). (Need not be present to win.)
- Greek Cuisine – Spanakopita (spinach cheese pie), Pastitsio (layers of ground beef, macaroni, and a soufflé topping), Moussaka (layered eggplant baked with seasoned ground beef, topped with a béchamel sauce), Avgolemeno (egg lemon chicken) Soup, Keftedes (Greek meatballs), Chicken Souvlaki, and Greek Salad
- Greek Pastry – Baklava (Filo, nuts, and butter topped with syrup), Kourabiedes (shortbread dusted with powdered sugar),Finikia (light, syrup-dunked walnut cookie), Koulourakia (braided cookie topped with sesame seeds),
Ryzogalo (creamy rice pudding), and more
- Holiday Marketplace – Area Vendors present great gifts for the holidays!
- Sweet Shoppe – Find delicious treats, unique ornaments, and gifts to celebrate the season
- Dance Performances – “Pine Forest” Nutcracker by Little Wing Dancers, Lee Lund Studio (Saturday), Milford Performing Arts (Sunday)
- Music Performances – Suzuki School of Music (Saturday, Sunday), Saint Barbara Choir
- Santa’s Workshop – Santa (Rick George) will bring Santa’s Workshop to Saint Barbara Church – Photos with Santa (1:00 to 4:00 pm, Saturday & Sunday)
- Food Drive – Drop off site for Connecticut Food Bank food collection
- Free Admission and Free Parking
HOURS: 12 NOON to 8 PM on Sat.11/18; 12 NOON to 6 PM on Sun. 11/19
FREE ADMISSION and FREE PARKING (on-site). RAIN OR SHINE
INFO: 203-795-1347 or visit www.saintbarbara.org