Musical Folk, offering Music Together® classes, for children ages 0-5 and their caregivers throughout the year in New Haven, Hamden, Woodbridge, Cheshire and Branford, presents FREE Demo classes at local libraries in September. To reserve a space at a Demo class call 203-691-9759. The Fall semester of Music Together® classes begins September 9, 2017; enrollment is ongoing. For information and class schedules, visit us online at www.MusicalFolk.com. The following are dates and places for the free demo classes:
- Wednesday, September 6 at 10:15 am – Miller Library, 2901 Dixwell Avenue, Hamden;
- Tuesday, September 5 at 10:30 am – Hagaman Memorial Library, 227 Main Street, East Haven;
- Wednesday, September 6 at 10:00 and 11:00 am – Wallingford Public Library, 200 North Main Street, Wallingford;
- Thursday, September 7 at 10:30 am – Clark Memorial Library, 538 Amity Road, Bethany; and
- Friday, September 8 at 10:00 am – Blackstone Memorial Library, 758 Main Street, Branford.
Music Together is an early childhood educational music program for children, newborn through five and their parents/caregivers. Classes held weekly. We sing, dance, and play instruments in a fun and informal setting.
Research shows that children exposed to music making at a very young age can achieve music competence earlier than those who have not had a rich musical environment. Increasing vocabulary and early language skills, building confidence and creativity, and giving children the foundation needed when it comes time to begin formal music lessons are results of this program. The participation and musical role model of the parent or caregiver makes this program so special, and successful, building an emotional bond and a love of music that lasts a lifetime.