40th Annual Labor Day Weekend Festival to Feature All Things Greek Including Greek Cuisine, Live Music, Greek Dancing and More
Saint Barbara Greek Orthodox Church announced details regarding the long-anticipated return of ODYSSEY: A Greek Festival after a 2-year hiatus due to the pandemic. This 40th annual festival, to be held September 2-5, is a 4-day party featuring all things Greek, including mouthwatering cuisine, live music, dancing, and a bustling Hellenic agora (marketplace). Set on the grounds of the beautiful Byzantine-style Saint Barbara Greek Orthodox Church, ODYSSEY 2022 offers something for everyone.
ODYSSEY 2022 includes:
- Classic Greek cuisine – appetizers (meze), Greek pastries (glyka), lamb on the spit (souvla), moussaka, gyro, spanakopita (spinach pie) and pastitisio (Greek style lasagna);
- Live Greek cooking demonstrations – learn to prepare some classic Greek foods;
- Greek marketplace – Gourmet Greek grocery, t-shirts, jewelry, arts & crafts, bookstore;
- Presentations on Greek culture and religion, including tours of Saint Barbara Church, and performances of liturgical music by the Saint Barbara Choir;
- Greek dance performances by the ODYSSEY Dancers –Traditional folk dances performed by St. Barbara’s youth;
- Greek dance lessons – taught by the ODYSSEY Dancers (8:45 pm, Saturday and Sunday);
- Nightly dancing to ODYSSEY’s live Greek band, “The Hellenic Company”;
- Raffle – Have a chance at winning the grand prize of $10,000 cash, or 4 other cash prizes!
For 39 years ODYSSEY has delighted the senses with a feast of Greek cuisine, the thrill of Greek dance, the sounds of the bouzouki, and the ethnic flavor of the Agora (Marketplace). We are thrilled for the return of Saint Barbara’s ODYSSEY. Be sure to stop by Connecticut’s greatest “Greek Party,” a rain-or-shine Labor Day tradition!
HOURS: 12 noon to 10 PM on Friday, Saturday, Sunday 9/2, 9/3, 9/4; 12 noon to 6 PM on Monday 9/5.
FREE ADMISSION and FREE PARKING (on-site and next door at Holy Infant Church).
CONTINUOUS FREE SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE BETWEEN GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH (680 Racebrook Road) and ODYSSEY FESTIVAL (480 Racebrook Road) – 1 MILE AWAY.
INFO: www.saintbarbara.org or 203-795-1347