Sen. George S. Logan (R-Ansonia) has been appointed to several leadership positions for the 2017 session of the Connecticut General Assembly. “I will work tirelessly to help improve the quality of life for Connecticut residents,” Logan said. “There is a new spirit of bipartisanship at the State Capitol. Everyone’s ideas will be heard. I am optimistic that we can work together as Democrats and Republicans to move our state forward, improve our state’s business climate, and put Connecticut back on a predictable, sustainable path. I encourage people to email me at George.Logan@cga.ct.gov and call me at 800-842-1421 with your thoughts and comments on any issue. I am listening and want to hear from you.”
As the Senate Republican Majority Whip, Logan will help build consensus on caucus priorities and policies.
- Logan will Co-Chair the legislature’s Planning and Development Committee, which handles all matters relating to local governments, regional planning and development activities and economic development programs affecting local governments.
- Logan will serve as Vice-Chair of the Veterans Committee, which has cognizance of all matters relating to military and veterans’ affairs.
- Logan will serve as Vice-Chair of the Public Health Committee. The panel has cognizance of all matters relating to emergency medical services, nursing homes, and controlled substances, including the treatment of substance abuse.
Logan will also serve on:
- The Regulation Review Committee, which reviews regulations proposed by state agencies and approves them before regulations are implemented.
- The Education Committee, which has cognizance of all matters relating to the Department of Education, local and regional boards of education, libraries, museums and historical and cultural associations.
Logan represents Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Derby, Hamden, Naugatuck and Woodbridge. To sign up for his State Capitol e-alerts, visit www.SenatorLogan.com/.