The Woodbridge Town Library is pleased to announce the return of its Farmers’ Market. Opening day will be Wednesday, June 24. The market will run every other Wednesday from 4-7pm on the library grounds. Massaro Community Farm, Mapleview Farm, Four Flours Food Truck, and Amity Garden Center will be returning to the market this year. New participants include Gentle Giant Farm, Fox Hollow Farm (maple syrup), Sweet Sage Bakery, Dash N Drizzle Olive Oils, Savvy Tea Gourmet, Chubby Oven Pizza Truck, and more to come.
The market will run rain or shine. Market dates are June 24, July 8 & 22, August 5 & 19, and September 2, 16, and 30. This year there will be special programming at the Farmers’ Market for children:
- June 24 from 4-7pm – Strolling magician Ed Popielarczyk will be doing pocket magic and making colorful balloon animals.
- July 8 from 5-6pm – Join Judi Ann Jones, a.k.a. the Energizer, for a special outdoor Dancin’ With Hoops class open to all ages. We’ll provide hula hoops in all colors and sizes for participants to try. Please register online beginning June 24.
- July 22 at 4:30pm a special beekeeping presentation with Ned Farrell of The Bee Happy Company. Learn all about what honeybees do for us, the role of a beekeeper, and even try on real apiary equipment. All ages. Please register online.
- July 22 from 6-7pm – Abracadra! Mr. Magic performs a special interactive show in our library meeting room. Please register online beginning July 1.
- August 5 from 4-5pm – The Touch Tank from Cedar Island Marina Research Laboratory will be here. Get up close and personal with critters from the Long Island Sound!
- August 19 from 4:30-5:30pm get Hooked on Llamas. Join Debbie Elias and Jack the llama from the Country Quilt Llama Farm for a special outdoor story program and a chance to meet a real llama.