All information accurate at press time. Be sure to check our website or call us before your visit for any changes to our hours or events.
The Woodbridge Town Library opened its doors to the public with Express Service on Thursday, November 5. We look forward to welcoming you back into the building.
Express Service Hours:
- Tuesdays: 11 am to 3 pm
- Thursdays: 4 pm to 7 pm
- Fridays: 1 pm to 4 pm
Express Service includes:
- Browsing for books, movies and music;
- Limited reference, readers’ advisory, and technology assistance;
- Limited computer use by appointment;
- Access to printing, faxing, photocopying, and scanning.
Computers and Other Technology
Computer use by appointment only is available during Express Service hours. There are three computers for use; appointments are 45 minutes each and start at the top of each hour.
To book a 45-minute computer reservation, please call or email the Reference Desk at 203-389-3434 or email@example.com. Up to two people in a family unit are welcome to sit together at a computer station. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. For more about our computers and technology, go to www.woodbridge.lioninc.org/computer-appointments-begin-november10.
Library Safety Rules
We are happy to be open again and want to stay that way. Thank you for respecting the health and safety of the staff and other patrons by following these rules:
- Do not enter the building if you are feeling ill or have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last fourteen (14) days.
- The Library currently has a very limited capacity and visitors may need to wait to enter the building.
- The Library is only open for limited services: studying, reading, meeting, etc. are not allowed.
- Please limit your visit to 30 minutes or less.
- Hand sanitizer use is required upon entry.
- Masks must be worn over nose and mouth by every-one over 2 years of age and for the entire visit.
- Social distancing must be practiced, especially in the stacks. One person at a time per aisle.
- Children under the age of 12 must stay with their caregiver at all times.
- Our mezzanine is closed, including the study room, bookstore alley and the Woodbridge Room.
- Computer appointments must be made separately, with the Reference Desk.
- Magazines and newspapers will not be available.
- If you pick up or touch an item but do not plan to check it out, please place it in the designated area so it can be quarantined.
Park & Pickup Still Available
Park & Pickup will continue, but the pickup tables will be moved into the Friends’ Meeting Room. Please use the doors on the right side of the library to enter and leave. Passage from the meeting room to the library and vice versa will not be permitted. Remember to wait until you hear from the Library before coming to pick up your order. Your online account may not always be accurate! Park & Pickup hours are Monday & Thursday, 11 am to 7 pm, and Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday, 11 am to 4 pm.
Can’t Make It In? Remote Library Service Available
Phones and emails are answered by staff Monday – Friday, 10 am to 5 pm. Place holds, ask questions, find out information, and more even when the Library is not open for Express Service.
Department phones and emails:
Adult Services/Reference: 203-389-3434 firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Department: 203-389-3439 email@example.com
Circulation/General info: 203-389-3433 firstname.lastname@example.org
Long Overdue Items:
Please return outstanding items as soon as possible, even if they are BILLED on your library account. No replacement costs will be charged, but the items need to come back. The book drop is open 24/7; items will be quarantined for 96 hours, in accordance with new guidelines. No fines will be charged for late items. Fines or bills on your account will be waived— simply call us to remove charges.
Are you on our email list?
Sign up to get alerts about our events, new offerings, and any updates about reopening. Go to our website: woodbridgetownlibrary.org and scroll to the very bottom. Enter your email address and you’ll start receiving our emails! We typically only send one email per week.
The Children’s Department
Is delighted to provide materials for homework assignments and pleasure reading/listening via Park & Pickup or during Express Service. Place holds via your online account, or contact us if you need suggestions or ideas.
The Friends of the Library thank the Woodbridge Community for their donations in October. They will not be taking further book donations until possibly Spring 2021. You are welcome to make a monetary contribution to the Friends via PayPal. More information: www.woodbridge.lioninc.org/about/friends-of-the-library/.